Fitting escutcheons - I'm having a nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is basically because I don't know what I'm doing.

I have a pair of escutcheons that I want to fit to a door. The outside is screwless.

Thing is, the thing has no concealed fixings, so I cannot see any way of attaching it. The internal part seems as though it mates with the outer, but this is not possible when there is the thickness of the door in the way?!

I expected them to come with back plates or the outer one having a thread on the inside for securing from inside the door, but it seems not.

Can anyone help? I'm loosing my faith in my own ability to perform a simple task :(

Attachments

• IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
phatboy, Hi

As a thought??? how about the part with the screw hole in is actually screwed to the wood of the door?

Then the bit without the screw holes is pus fitted over the already attached bit on the door??

Just a thought??

Ken

Thanks, this does indeed work.

Only issue is it is impossible to get the thing apart again after without damaging them, and probably the door behind!

I will look for alternatives.....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the little slot on the cover piece is to insert a screwdriver and pry it off

that's generally the way they are, you generally have to get a screwdriver in there and sort of flick them off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back