Fitting extra RAM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My laptop is starting to run very slowly so i checked the system performance manager and it says that my system RAM memory needs upgrade , at the moment i have 1GB RAM and would like to upgrade to 2GB that is the max the machine can use ( i checked in handbook ) .
My question is could i do this myself or will i have to take the machine to shop to get it done , i would like to do it myself if it is not to complex and would like to find out what i would need to do this , special tools or any other tips you can give me . many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's sooo easy to upgrade Phil,I have just upgraded my laptop and pc .Also do as trazor says and use the link he quoted. :LOL:

Don't know what all those links say, but, only handle the RAM boards by their edges i.e. don't touch any of the circuitry and for the same reason (STATIC electricity in you), earth yourself just before handling. If your next to a radiator, touching bare exposed metal on it will do, but for the sake of a minute, connect some wire to it and wrap the other exposed end around you wrist whilst you change the boards.

Back