Fitting for bottom-outlet toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a bottom-outlet toilet to replace an existing item. I've already sourced a suitable toilet (a Twyford Alcona)) which from the dimensions looks like it should swap straight in with no fuss. (Hmm!)

The existing toilet is still in use, and I don't want to remove it until I'm in a position to fit the new one immediately. That means having all the necessary fittings in place on the day (which is particularly an issue at the moment, what with local suppliers being closed... but my problem is until I remove the old toilet I won't be sure what fitting I need to connect the toilet to the hole in the ground! (and I'm betting that after removing it, there will be no chance of temporarily refitting it).

The existing installation is an old house with a solid floor, I'm almost certain that the buried outlet pipe will be an old ceramic one. I'm attaching a photo of the existing pan. The white fitting is hard, very old rubber (which I doubt very much will come away in one piece). Can anyone advise what fitting I'm likely to need to connect up the new one?

Thanks for any advice

IMG_2055.JPG

Sponsored Links
That's an old multikwik straight pan connector by the looks of it

th

Any straight pan connector will fit though. I'd maybe get an McAlpine adjustable length straight connector which would allow you to adjust the length if needed.

th

Ah thanks Rob, IDing the existing connector is very reassuring!
As far as I can see from looking online, the new toilet's outlet looks to be almost at ground level. Is the idea of that McAlpine connector that the finned, male part will just disappear into the ground, inside the soil pipe, as far you want?

Sponsored Links
The new toilet has a horizontal outlet spigot. You will need a right angled pan connector or a swan neck one if you need to go further back.

Apologies, just seen the bottom outlet variant on the specifications.

The Alcona is one of the few still made as a bottom outlet. On that web page, either the heading or the photos are wrong.

The bottom-outlet version is available as an option here

https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/12839.htm

Their own version of bottom outlet adaptor collar was, I found, too tight and I used an ordinary one from Screwfux.

Twyford also make the E100 bottom outlet version which is more modern looking, but check the wall to pipe dimension carefully

5262D845-C208-4790-955B-844619F93647.png I looked into these when replacing a Bo pan and from the diagram wasnt sure if there was enough room for the collar of the pan conector and its a lot of trouble sending back if bought on line. I ended up getting a p outlet and space saver connector

If you have enough space in the room it may be simpler.

An E100 BO fitted into my very small room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back