FITTING FRAME IN BATH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I thought I was saving myself some money by buying a cheap bath from the internet.
When it arrived I have found that it has no wooden frame around the top of the bath lip. Is this usual, or just cheap?
I now need to build a frame so I can sucure it.
What is the best way of doing this? I was thinking of siliconing a wooden frame onto the underside of the top of the bath.
Also I have to drill the centre bath tap holes, I was going to use a 30mm hole saw, or should I use a tighter 1" cutter and file it out? I was going to put wood under where the taps are to make it more ridged as well.

Sometimes cheap is not always best.

Sponsored Links
What material is the bath made of, and how thick is the material?

How desperate are you to fit this bath?

Can you return it? Or sell it on eBay?

I ask because I wouldn't consider fitting an acrylic bath less than 8mm thick. - they're just too flimsy. And it sounds like you've got a cheap version of a flimsy bath.

Sorry if this is a downer, but I'm assuming that you'd prefer to hear it how it is.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
I ask because I wouldn't consider fitting an acrylic bath less than 8mm thick. - they're just too flimsy.

It was a 5 mm that split when full of water in a house rented out to students.

And they feel "shakey" when you move in them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back