bath panel tiled with porcelain tiles with access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello we are going to attempt to build a bath panel with access for our newly installed bath. The bath panel only needs to be tiled on the long side. The rest of our bath room is already tiled with porcelain tiles.

I have done some research and am aware that i need to build a frame which fits on the long side of the panel. Then use an aqua panel water resistant backing board and tile on to this. My question is will the frame and aqua panel be strong enough to hold the tiles. The tiles are very big and very heavy. Also will i be able to create access with the tiles being so heavy.

Also the bath has a lip which folds down does the frame go under this? Can i use strong glue to stick down the frame or do i have to use screws ?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
i would screw the frame to the walls either end of the bath. and to the floor too.

The lip at the top of the need to go over the tiles, so any spillage will roll down the outside and no directly under the bath.

Access is down to however you intend accessing it. you could drill through tiles and board and use the plastic caps on the screws (i forget their name) to hide the heads then into the frame.

Rob

Sponsored Links
we have a water mixer under the bath for temperature of the water which is connected to a douche and we need access to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back