Fitting gutters to sectional concrete garage

Anything using steel there will rust very quickly, you'lll end up with orange stripes down the wall from each one.

Go with Harry's fascia idea, using plastic fascia and stainless screws. The overhang looks pretty big though, you may need to pack outwards to put the roof edge over the gutter.

Sponsored Links
I managed to drill a sufficient number of holes this afternoon to fix a 4x1 wooden fascia to the concrete batten which is shown in the photographs. I started with a cordless drill--useless. I went onto my trusty old (17 years old, in fact) De Walt hammer drill, which also struggled, though to be fair that might have been because my masonry drills have seen better days. I bought an SDS drill a few months ago so that I could use a core bit to create a hole for a kitchen extractor, so I reached for that next. It was very successful until I came to drill the third hole, when the bottom edge of the batten shattered. I managed to bodge a fix through the broken bit, drilled another 3 holes with the SDS and finished off without any further damage. Looking forward to fitting the gutters and finishing the job on Friday. Many thanks for the replies and advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back