Fitting kitchen base corner post?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just fitting my kitchen and in one internal corner (kitchen from plan view is a u shape) i have an 800mm unit, the corner post attaches to the centre post as it only has one 400mm door, then to the other side of the corner post i have a built under single oven unit.

Does the outside of the oven housing line up exactly with the edge of the corner post, or is it better to leave a few mm gap. I don't have my oven yet so unsure when it's slid in the housing how much it over laps the 18mm carcass. It's just a case of me making the angle brackets on the back of the corner post flush of set out a few mm?

Sponsored Links
when i do these i also hang the first door so i get it positioned correctly,
in your setup i would think that the oven will stick out about 18-20mm so it flows properly.

bring the post out from front of oven unit a door thickness or temp attach a door to front of oven housing and then line it up flush.

maybe i've explained wrong, but its not the oven door front lining up with the post i'm woried about. The only other way i can explain is, imagine the oven is fitted looking at the front of it, the corner post is to the left and the other side of the internal corner post is the 400 cupboard door.

Looking back at the oven front im wondering how must gap to leave between the corner post and the outside of the oven carcass. When you fit the built under oven and the door is open on it, does the oven overlap the 18mm carcass eachside thats facing you? I wouldn;t like to slide in the oven and it overlaps that much that its wider and catches the corner post.

Sponsored Links
The oven will be just shy by about 2mm of the 600mm oven housing sides. So butt the corner post to the oven housing. The oven won't touch it but as said earlier, bring the post out to the front as if it was going to be flush with a door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back