fitting kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought a kitchen from Howdens and nicely the units come already built - all I have to do is put the worktop on top. As a first timer doing this is it something that is relatively doable? I am in the process of refurbing a house and my DIY skills are pretty good but I have heard that cutting out the worktop for the sink and round corners is a bit tricky - any advice on how to approach this or am I best getting someone in?

Thanks,

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Best to get either a kitchen fitter or joiner in to do the worktops. When putting the kitchen units in, take your time and make sure they are all level and plumb with each other ;) ;)

The worktop is a fake wood laminate one and I havent got the sink yet as we are after a double sink and Howdens dont do them apparently.

If I get a fitter in how much roughly would I be looking at to fit the worktop on? Length of the top is approx 4m and is in a L shape kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Sinks easy, just take your time and think it through.

Turn sink and place upside down on worktop where you want it, draw round it and measure IN around 10mm to allow for a lip. It will say in instructions.

Then drill each corner with a drill bit, then use a good sharp jigsaw to cut out.

The join is the tricky one, ether use a joint strip, which look crap. To make it look good you need to mitre it using a worktop jig and router.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back