fitting lcd tv to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm fitting an LCd tv to an internal (breezeblock) wall.

As the tv will be on an extending bracket and is a big one (40"), I want to make sure the fitting is strong.

Any idea of how to mount this to wall? Rawl bolts, chemical anchors etc etc?

Many thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
Breeze block is crumbly so normal wall plugs can work loose over time. It also fractures relatively easily so over-enthusiastic tightening of rawl bolts can cause problems too. Chemical anchors are your best bet. They'll strengthen the block rather than weaken it.

many thanks. I'll have a go with chemical anchors!

the wall feels solid when you knock it, but it drills very easily and makes black dust? Breeze or thermalite block I figure?

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
What is on the other side of the block wall?. Perhaps a bit drastic but I solved a similar problem by drilling through the wall and using long bolts. On the rear face the bolt heads (coach bolts, mushroom head) were sunk in and plastered over. Invisible after decorating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back