Fitting new alarm, recommend a brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just after a few thoughts and recommendations for an alarm for a house i will soon complete the purchase off. Im a spark by trade but not domestic so alarms aren't my usual thing hence seeking the opinions of you lads who know your stuff.

Ive fitted a couple of Accenta G4 mini's before, never had a problem with them, seemed decent enough. The house in question is a standard 3 bedroom domestic with detached garage and already has a Veritas 8 panel installed in 2005. It apparently has some faults on it so rather than mess about with it im going to remove it and install a new panel maybe utilising some of the existing wires, most likelly not though.

Im quite a fan of the LCD keypads and would like my system to have this aswell as a speech dialler. So Veritas R8 plus or stick with the Accenta G4 again? Or any other recommendations?

I see the Veritas R8 plus is EOL able, not sure if id bother with the resistors though so can it be programmed to run without the supervised setup?

Cheers for any comments

Sponsored Links
Texecom 24
8 zones on board can be expanded with another 8 zone expander or wireless expander.Lcd keypad with prox,comms 2400 will give you text messaging to mobile phone with zone describtion of activations.
Could also use app on mobile if required by using ip comm.

I would opt for elite 24 version 3+ from factory which should be the case.

Maybe cheaper yo buy kit with com2400 in and add a speech module, this would be cheaper than a seperate speech and text dialler, it would allow same functionality for speech but give better text messages .

Texecom premier as above you can also get a plug on speech dialer for around £30

Sponsored Links
Cheers for replies lads

Seems texecom is the favoured gear. You reckon the 24 premier elite is worth the extra investment over say the veritas excel??
Thought the higher end stuff was bit ott for a donestic setup??

Regards

Have a look at the Honeywell Galaxy G2-12. 12 zone panel with built in SMS (via TAP) dialer and keyprox LCD keypad. Around £70 new from Ebay. Various module options for comm's, RF,...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back