fitting new float valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im going to fit a new brass float vave to the outside loo , i have read about valves that are part 1 or 2 , can any one tell me the difference and wich one should i be using , also do i need to fit rubber washers either side where it connects to the cistern ?.

thanks

Sponsored Links
The type 1 valve is smaller, and allows water to flow at high or low pressure. The arm is adjustable by bending.
The type 2 valve has a plastic spout that directs the water flow, and they are usually used in high pressure applications. The float arm is cranked, and takes up more space. This one is more suited to loft cisterns.
Both have different washer parts.
Why not use a plastic one, such as a Torbeck?
Either way, a sealing washer is needed on the inside, but obviously the water level is lower than this anyway.
John :)

thanks if i dont get a torbeck should a use a part 1 or part 2 , ive read you shouldn't use a part 1 in a w/c

Part 1 no longer complies with water regs, get a Fluidmaster if you can't get a Torbeck (or in preference to one, I prefer them, had no end of trouble with Torbeck valves), failing that fit a Part 2 valve

Sponsored Links
Part 1 can only be used as a direct replacement for a part 1

Part 1 isn't safe in backsiphonage circumstances as it fills from under the valve, part 2, 3 and 4 fill from above the valve

Fit part 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back