Fitting new light in garage - will I need a certificate?

Sponsored Links
You're better off installing at 1/4 and 3/4 floor length as this will givr you a better spread of light.

On the subject of competence, if you are planning to undertake any work in the garage then are you aware of the relevant British Standards relating to the lighting of indoor work places? And do you have the necessary calibrated test equipment for this purpose?

You're better off installing at 1/4 and 3/4 floor length as this will givr you a better spread of light.

Thanks for the tip.

On the subject of competence, if you are planning to undertake any work in the garage then are you aware of the relevant British Standards relating to the lighting of indoor work places? And do you have the necessary calibrated test equipment for this purpose?

^ No, I didnt know about that. However, I never looked into these regulations as the garage is only used for storage & is not intended for work or dwelling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back