Fitting new radiator, does anything need done before fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a radiator replaced on my gas fired central heating system. I have an almost brand new Worcester combi boiler. What should I expect the plumber to do, if anything when fitting the radiator to keep my warrenty intact?

What I mean is, does he need to flush it, or anything like this before fitting to protect my boiler, or anything like this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
System will almost certainly want draining down and a bit of pipe alteration to suit new rad. Make sure he adds inhibitor when filling, a good quality one like x100 or f1. There is a sticker that comes with the inhibitor this gets filled in and stuck on the boiler.

If he is sensible he will turn off all other rad valves to keep the treated water intact. Then he will only need to add a small amount of inhibitor to suit the new rad size.

Ideally the added inhibitor should be the same make as that used with the boiler install. The details should have been listed on the Benchmark Certificate. I hope that was filled in!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back