Fitting new wall light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone here can help.

Bought a new light for wall. Having spoken to a nice man at BandQ he said we could fit a spotlight bar to the same connection where our single wall light was. Reason we wanted a spotlight bar was because the original light didn't supply enough light into the room (conservatory) and the nice man said this should work.

To the wiring.

Blue, brown and green, one of each coming from the wall. Quite comfortable with these, as have fitted plenty of wall lights before.

Spotlights have 4 blue, 4 brown and one earth connector which confuses me. What should connect to what?? The light came with one 3 row terminal block, and we connected the earth connecter, one live and one neutral into the terminal block, did the same with the cables coming out of the wall, but this left 3 live and 3 neutral just loose.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
I'm guess ing that the 4 lives and neutrals are one for each lamp on the bar?

If so, all of the lives go together and connected to the brown from teh wall
all of the neutrals together to the blue from teh wall
earths together to the green/yell from the wall.

OK?

That's what I thought too so I tried that. One of the lamps worked. But the other two didn't

Thanks for getting back to me

Sponsored Links
Just in case you have a bunch of duff bulbs, try swapping the lamps round using the known good one in each fitting in turn. If that does not work then re-check all connections. If that fails then go and see " That nice man at B and Q"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back