Fitting radiator with 10mm plastic pipe from behind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to fit a new radiator in the dormer I've just had built. I deliberatly didn't ask the builders to fit the rad as I wanted to get the room decorated properly first, so they just did first fit plumbing.

I've done plenty of plumbing at home using copper but in this instance, 10mm plastic pipe has been used. The pipe work has been left in the middle of radiator, the idea being I fit a terminal plate to the wall and drop the flow and return into the TRV/valve from behind.

My only question, is regarding how much the pipe can bend. As the pipe work comes in from the left hand side, the pipe going to the left valve on the rad would have to bend back on it's self. Or would an option be to put an elbow on at the point it comes out the wall?

Thanks in advance
MP

Sponsored Links
I've not got an installer guide with me at the moment, but I think off memory PB has a min bending ratio of 8 times the pipe dia.

So a 10mm pipe has a minimum bending radius of 80mm, any tighter I and you risk kinking the pipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back