Fitting roller blinds in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got three roller blinds for my sun room/consevatory. What is the best way to fix to the upvc (or whatever it's called)? Will the screws supplied do the job?

Sponsored Links
Screws are silver about an inch long with the thread all the way to the head. Look like posidrive. Come with grey rawlplugs.

You may get away with drilling into the upvc directly, but of course there could be an aluminium extrusion beneath.
So - drill a small pilot hole, say 2.5 mm diameter and see what the drill bites in to. If you think you can get a fixing, increase the size of the hole until its the same diameter of the screws, minus the threads if you get my drift. The screw must cut its own thread into the hole and ideally will be of the self tapping type (which sounds like what you have).
Use a new drill bit - you need to get it right first time!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks, will try it that way. Must be possible, next door has similar sunroom with venetian blinds. But her hubby is in care home and she has no idea how he did it. I can't determine if these screws are self tappers or not. Will try them if they fall down can buy more screws!! :)

The screws may be too long, tighten slowly as if they hit a second section they cannot penetrate they will churn a hole and become loose.The screws need a coarse thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back