Fitting Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am thinking of fitting a room thermostat.
My boiler is a Sime Halstead Trio combi, which controls the CH temp by a knob on the panel. I think this is playing up. Hence a room thermostat.
Any advice on fitting one would be great please.
I presume a simple thermostat is a straight switch in the "on" signal to the burner. So all I need to do is track down the relevant wire, check voltage and break in with the thermostat.
Am I right?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that swift bit of help.
I'll be having a good look tomorrow, when the family are out and the heating will be off.

Just had a quick look.
Think I've found the correct terminal block.
However there is no straight link.
The block has 5 terminals.
The first 2 are live & neutral 240 Volts which go into a connector on the PCB. The next is an earth.
The next 2 terminals are what I'm after but they don't look directly linked.
They are marked with a diagram showing they should be switched, and marked:-
"TERM.AMB.-ROOM STAT"
THERMOSTAT AMBIANCE
Both have a red wire going off to another connector on the pcb, and one of these terminals also has a wire connected that is one side of the timer on/off switch.
Any ideas as to how I connect a room stat to this?

Sponsored Links
It's a built in timer.
The boiler is a combi, all controls are on the front panel.
A timer, and timer on/off switch, a switch for summer/winter (basically CH on/off), a heating temp control knob, a hot water temp control knob, and a gauge showing water temp & pressure.

Call that number and she will wisper sweet nothings into your ear.

Kevin, the man wants to fit a thermostat because boiler stat is broken. I cannot see how the boiler is going to work with malfunctioning boiler stat

Halstead have kindly sent me a copy of the fitting instructions, which includes wiring diagrams. :LOL:
I can now see how it all works.
Am I right in thinking the CH thermistor is a thermocouple which the contol board uses to monitor the temperature of the water in the CH. Is there any way to verify this is working correctly.
The problem I have been having is intermittent, which always makes a fault difficult to trace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back