fitting shower screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, am new here and hope this is the right forum!

we have just bought a single door shower screen to replace the curtain and rail that was here when we moved in. yesterday my hubby put it up while i was out BUT our bath has a lip on the outer edge and the tiles are only fit to the edge of the bath. he has fit it on the inner side of the lip (cracking a tile in the process :( ) which means it cannot be opened outwards as it won't go over the lip. this is not acceptable, particularly as we have 2 toddlers who bath together. it is now extremely hard to reach the bath taps and also, when they progress to showers it will be impossible to reach in and turn the shower on and off for them without getting soaked. should hubby have screwed the fixings into the wall next to the tiles, so that the screen seal would sit on the lip of the bath making it possible to move it outwards or is this not the right thing to do? sorry if this is long winded and i hope you can understand what i am trying to say but any advice would be appreciated before he makes even more holes in the tiles :cry: :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back