fitting towel radiator onto microbore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've got a towel rad to fit into my bathroom in place of my old rad which was connected to the CH system feed and return with 8mm microbore pipe. Problem is the valves on the towel rad need to be connected to 15mm pipe. Been searching around as I thought I could get an adaptor for the valves to take 8mm, but don't really know what I'm looking for. I also wondered if an alternative would be a 15mm to 8mm reducing coupler turned round to increase the 8mm to 15mm, which would then connect to the valves in the usual way. ..

I had a guy who would have sorted it out but he's on holiday for 3 weeks and the bathroom can't wait!

Sponsored Links
7144.gif
also depends on the size of the rail as to wether you will get the flowrate

Cheers Kev,

Used them on Saturday and so far no leaks (my first attempt with solder joints!). I filled the system back up and got all the air out, gets nice and hot so.....how can I tell if I'm getting a decent flow rate through it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back