Fitting TV stand to plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a TV stand to mount to the wall thinking it was just 1 sheet of plasterboard (so was going to use spring toggles) but behind the plasterboard is a sheet of plywood it seems (seems to cover all wall). Am I okay to screw my TV stand straight into plywood? Screws I think are around M5/6 x 30mm off top of my head.

The TV stand comes in two separate parts, when I screwed into the plywood the screws took a hold really well, apart from 1 of the bottom ones after taking screw out again and putting back in, but interested to hear from experts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes. That's the sort of patressing we put into dry-lined walls in some restaurants and shops. Makes fixing stuff to the walls dead easy because you can always get a fix

Yes. That's the sort of patressing we put into dry-lined walls in some restaurants and shops. Makes fixing stuff to the walls dead easy because you can always get a fix

Thanks for reply. Not that I'm very experienced working in houses, but had never seen it before in a house (house built early 2000s)

I have, but normally only in kitchens, bathrooms and behind radiators

Sponsored Links
The bathroom is the next room (although plywood was against bedroom wall and assuming against bathroom) so makes sense I suppose.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back