fitting vented tumble dryer vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Help please! Does anyone know of a device or method which will enable me to run a tumble dryer vent pipe into a soil stack pipe adjacent?

Sponsored Links
harry.potter said:
:( Help please! Does anyone know of a device or method which will enable me to run a tumble dryer vent pipe into a soil stack pipe adjacent?

:eek: and have your clothes smelling of .........

breezer said:
harry.potter said:

:eek: and have your clothes smelling of .........

Maybe it should be plumbing? was thinking of an in-line aav using pressure from tumble dryer to open one-way valve and dump hot wet air into stack pipe. Is this stupid? New house - no outside wall available

Sorry, but yes I think it would be stupid, the potential danger of sewage backing up is too high.What if the valve became jammed with fluff? I would suggest you either bought a condensing drier or a converter if you cannot get to an outside wall.

Sponsored Links
The back pressure will cause the dryer to overheat and in turn the thermostats will trip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back