Fitting w.c

H

hav it

hi all im looking for a solution to remove a toilet and cystern and fit a close couple toilet The only problem is the waste drops down right at the back of the pan in the floor. so if i was to fit a close couple at present the pan would sit over the current waste hole in the floor.

Sponsored Links
You will need to fit some packing behind. A box of some sort.

is there no way i could move the drain hole back

yes the pipe can be moved, however it is not a job to be taken on lightly, and can turn into a disaster, the easy solution is to buy a bent multikwik and fit the new bowl and cistern, then build a box behind the cistern to create a small bulkhead, there is a swan neck bent multi available which will kick the cistern back a bit, you need to measure the new cistern, the pipe distance from the wall and the 2 multis to see what can be done

Sponsored Links
Beep-beep ;) If it`s on a wooden floor with a void under :idea: you might be ok -solid floor no chance

looks like i will have to build a box at the back or fit a new one with flush pipe.

do they not make a close couple toilet to fit i.e with the cystern set back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back