Toilet soil pipe position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am replacing a non close couple toilet with a close couple cystern. Unfortunately the soil pipe comes through a concrete floor and is too far away from the wall to enable the new cystern to be screwed to the wall. The old cystern even had a block of wood behind it.

The only way I can see to work around it without beating up the floor is to put some studwork behind the toilet. Unfortunately this will inevitably make the room smaller than it already is.

I dont think even a swan neck will help that much. Any inspirational ideas will be gratefully received.

cheers,
MPD5

Sponsored Links
A swanneck will only be any good if the base of the pan doesn't hit the collar of the soil. The only way i know of is cut the soil flush with the floor, use either swanneck or 90 degree bend and box out the cistern, doesn't look too bad if finished properly. If there is another way i'd love to hear it.

how about buy a toilet with the s trap, they can be found even close coupled.

Hi. I had to build a stud partition for the same reason. I only built it up to just above the top of the system, so it is like a shelf and looks ok. I don't think it makes our small toilet feel any smaller.

Sponsored Links
I forget the exact details, but i was looking into this a few months ago, my local merchants had available for about £200 a close coupled with a connection that was much further forward then on many pans...

Ask around..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back