The age old low to closed cistern (kind of!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I’ve changed the downstairs toilet in the old house to a closed coupled toilet. I’ve used a swan neck and it’s about 40mm proud of the wall so going to build it out with some aqua board.
The minor thing is I’m not overalls happy with the fitting from the old ceramic soil to the swan neck. The swan is 90mm without the rubber seal fins and I would say the ceramic is about 95mm I’ve had to cut and fiddle with the rubber fins to get is in but I’m not convinced it’s a great seal.
My question is - is there a reducer or a specific swan neck that I can use? I’ve looked but struggling to find.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
I find that a good spray with silicone lube is enough to get the swan neck labyrinth into the salt glaze without any issues.....I guess the ultimate test is, does it leak when you flush? I’d guess not.
John :)

Extension A with 2190 bent pan connector? At a guess. A photo of install may help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back