Fitting Washing Machine and Dishwasher to cold water. HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This may be a basic question but Ive been searching everywhere and can't find the answer.

I have a washing machine and dishwasher connected to the cold water through a Y adaptor.

Ive been doing this by only connecting one pipe to the cold input on the washing machine and the dishwater connects to the other input on the Y adaptor. However, my washing hasn't worked properly for since I got it and I was wondering if it was because I haven't connected anything to the hot water input on the back of the washing machine.

so I have two questions.

1. Should a washing machine run ok with only one pipe into the cold water input and nothing into the hot war input? The manual isn't clear.

2. If it needs two pipes connected that means I now have 3 pipes in total connected to the cold tap. How can I do this (if I need to)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you have an older washing machine then you need to connect a hot water supply to the hot water inlet.

Hi, Its a brand new hotpoint machine. It says you can connect to cold only but just seems to indicate you connect both the hot and cold inputs to the cold tap, which Ive already got a dishwasher pipe connected to.

Im trying to avoid get a repair man to come out until I know for sure I have corrected it ok as they charge if you haven't.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back