Fitting window and upvc doors (first time)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright chaps, I am currently doing out my kitchen and have bricked up my side window and have moved it to the rear.
I have purchased a new window which is 1500mm x 900mm.
I have bricked up the area of the window and the opening measures 1510mm x 910mm, the window has an opening window on the right and fixed window on the left.

I have outward opening doors which are a straight swap for my inward opening patio doors.

I have a general idea of what im doing but I am not 100% confident but saving £130.00 for a couple of hours work inspires me to do it myself.

I would just like some general tips if anyone can help me I would be very apreciative, I need to go out and get some frame fixing screws and was wondering where the best place for me to go is and also some packers.

I realise I need to get the frame spot on square and level and chocked into place before fixing the frame to the brickwork, with only 5mm either side will there be any need to use expanding foam or will I just need exterior silicone?

Sorry for the long winded post and like I said thanks for any help, kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back