Five Finger Parquet not sticking to Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to get a matching five finger parquet in Merbau to lay in my kitchen so that it matches the rest of the ground floor in my 1956 house. Needed to repair a corner of the concrete floor where a boiler plinth had been. Rest of the floor had Marley tiles. Rest of house has the parquet glued with bitumen.
Put the first batch of panels down last night but it had all lifted this morning. Underneath, a layer of moisture had appeared. Curiously, the new piece where the boiler was had no problem and the panels were fixed solidly.
So what product do I need. It looks as though the concrete has no damp proofing but otherwise is perfect. The floor is absolutely flat (the Marley tiles came up cleanly after plenty of chipping away)

Sponsored Links
what adhesive you using, trowel size, floor prep have you done and the moister content of the concrete floor?

Wickes adhesive for wood block floors. I don't have a device for measuring moisture.
In a shop I've been led to believe that SIKA MB will do the job. Any views?

sika will not do the job if other things are incorrect!

Need an answer to the rest of the questions to tell you why it has failed.

Sponsored Links
tins will help with some info but what floor prep has been done? i.e smotthing compound etc, trowel size used for the glue?

The wickes glue may be fine but it maybe something else that has caused your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back