Fix Cracking Edge Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I push on the edge of the ceiling, I note a crack where the wall meets the ceiling opens up by a couple of mm.

I decorated the room last year and caulked the crack, but it's returned.

From memory, in the loft above the room, the plasterboard has no wooden structure above it at the edge.

Accessing the entire extent of the problem area from the loft will be tough due to the roof pitch above the corner of the room.

What options do I have to resolve this? Could I go for an adhesive (i.e. Sticks Like S##t ), or is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
Rake out crack. Mini tungsten scraper works to do that.
Seal to bind dusty surface. Thin some PVA wood glue if you have any will do job to seal about two to one with water.

Buy CT1 polymer or stixall. Run that along crack which will stick wall to ceiling.
When dry fill wall edge only and let filler dry.
Then fill ceiling edge.
120 grade paper on block and get a shape corner.
Mistcost to seal filler.
Then run the polymer along wall and ceiling line.
Give it 24h and paint.
I've done loads of times and it works.
Some fit coving to cover cracks which also works
Houses don't have a wall and ceiling tape fitted causing crack.
Also fitting wood on all four sides of room when boarding stops that flex but that's not normally done. I've gone up in lofts and done that if possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back