Fix dip in laminate flooring due to uneven concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently laid laminate flooring on top of high performance underlay in my lounge and hall (concrete floor). I took the skirting boards off, and laid the floor then fitted new skirting boards.

I didnt notice until after all of this, and decorating, that when I walk on a certain area, about 1-1.5 sq feet, there is a very slight dip, of about 3mm, its rather irritating and makes a pop noise. Plus I'm worried over time it may ruin the join/lock on the laminate boards.

I cant seem to find any remedies, except for this DriTac Wood Floor Repair Kit. it works by drilling 2 very small holes, and then injecting a putty under the floor. There's a video on YouTube. This looks good, but I cannot find a provider anywhere in the UK! It seems to be a US product.

So are there any UK versions of this product? Or even better solutions?

Thanks all,

Ben

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome BB1988 :D :D :D

the first thing to do is make sure its a dip rather than tenting
you need a long strait edge to check its flat with no load on it

Hi big-all

Yes its certainly straight - I know what most people are thinking "he hasn't left an expansion gap, and it's buckling upwards".

No, this is definitely an uneven concrete base.

Thanks,

Ben

Sponsored Links
you need something fairly runny
perhaps pva wood glue a syringe or small nozzled glue container
pump in glue then stand on the area to spread the glue and refill

this may take several days to dry as it can only dry when the moisture evaporates

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back