Fix wood to UPVC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a dormer window extension covered in white UPVC - similar to the one shown in the first image. I want to clad this exterior with wood - similar to that shown in the second image.
My question is: How should I fix the wood into place? For example, can I simply screw the wood to the UPVC, or would this not be robust enough?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
upload_2019-12-29_17-31-53.png

upload_2019-12-29_17-34-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-29_17-32-59.png
    upload_2019-12-29_17-32-59.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
It's not like just putting a clean pair of pants on.

What about the roof overhang, the corner post, the ventilation of the cavity, the batten spacing?

Depending how old it is you will probably need to add insulation also, so its best to strip it back and see what improvements can be made.

Sponsored Links
As all the others say above, see what existing construction is underneath the pvc cladding then put together a specification for upgrading the construction as necessary to include the new timber cladding.

remember wood cladding will need several coats initially and recoating every 2-5 years to maintain colour unless you are happy for it to grey after a year or so

Do you have a Eurocell branch close by. They supply all you will need in like for like materials. But also their latest catalogue has a greater choice of wood pattern finishes to choose from. Might be worth considering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back