Fixing a 800 x 800 mirror onto bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am planning on getting a 800 x 800 bevelled edge 6mm thick bathroom mirror and would like to know the best approach to fix this onto a tiled surface?

Would it be best to use mirror clips or mirror fix adhesive? to fix onto the tiles?

Sponsored Links
Whereas I would use mirror adhesive because I wouldn't want to see any fixings.

A wooden baton, held in place with a tiny amount of hot melt glue will support the mirror overnight.

I'm at the age where I avoid mirrors.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I am planning on getting a 800 x 800 bevelled edge 6mm thick bathroom mirror and would like to know the best approach to fix this onto a tiled surface?

Would it be best to use mirror clips or mirror fix adhesive? to fix onto the tiles?

I recently "glued" a 1000mm x 1000mm 6mm thick mirror to my bathroom wall.

I used mirror adhesive... you can get stuff from places like Screwfix (the irony) for about £7 for a tube (you'll need a gun applicator as well of course). Make sure you get "mirror adhesive", apparently regular "no more nails" type stuff is not suitable as it will react with the mirror backing.

As already mentioned, you just need to retain the mirror in place to let the thing set properly.

Mine hasn't fallen down...

(yet)

I've used Stixall before now, works well with good grab, fully waterproof, claimed 40 year life and doesn't appear to react with the mirror backing

I've used Stixall before now, works well with good grab, fully waterproof, claimed 40 year life and doesn't appear to react with the mirror backing

TBH I haven't had any problems using bog standard silicone provided that the mirror has a foil backing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back