Fixing a glass Splashback behind a cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have ordered a blue glass splashback for behind my cooker. Its 580mm wide and 690mm high.
I've been quoted £150 to fit it, so I want to have a go myself.

My major query is - the wall behind the cooker is completely flat, no ledges or anything. When I get the splashback up on the wall, how do I hold it there until the sealant/glue sets? I'm a woman doing it on my own, so I can't just stand there holding it up for hours!

I'm looking at Unibond rapid cure sealant, as I'm guessing that will shorten th e 'hold it in place' time, but I really don't want to get it on the wall only to hear a huge crash as soon as I turn my back on it!

any ideas anyone -please make it simple!!

Sponsored Links
You will need a glass adhesive [or mirror] local glazier should stock and be able to give guidance, install a timber top and bottom, sit glass on base timber and screw a timber between top and bottom timber with a sponge or cloth pushed gently between timber and glass to hold all steady until set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back