fixing a mirror to a wall with no screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a full length mirror up in my room which is rented accommodation and want to know how I can fix it to the wall without damaging the wall to much ie no screws and so I can remove it when I move out! Would I be able to remove it if I used an adhesive?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you fix it using double sided tape, you will probably remove the paint & plaster when you take it off.

Just buy a long mirror with a big frame and prop it up against the wall from an inch or so away. If it's heavy enough, it'll never budge. Just make sure you don't lean on it... :)

Sponsored Links
FWIW. Had some wardrobe with full length mirrors attached to doors by double sided mirror tape. Everything ok for a couple of years then one night heard a bang then a thump - went upstairs to find the mirror had slid off the tape and toppled flat onto the carpet - still in one piece. Thankfully no one in the room when it happened (hate to even think about if my kids had been in the room). The manufacturer came round immediately and fixed the mirrors to the doors using mirror screws and caps!!

So my view would be to stay clear of trying to fix with tape.

If the mirror has a frame what about hanging it from heavy duty picture hooks - when you move you leave the hooks in the wall for the next occupant.

Cheers :)
Tony

If anyone is thinking of gluing a mirror to a wall, then I think you need to
be careful as to what type of glue to use ..... one of the diy programs
on TV recently (Chris Young?) mentioned a special type of mirror glue that wont
damage the silvered back of the mirror.

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back