Fitting a large mirror (1.5m x 1m) to a wall with no screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to get a large (1.5mx1m) mirror cut and delivered for my bathroom and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a mirror adhesive that I can use ?

I dont want to screw it to the wall as those dome headed screws look horrible and its too much hassle to get the screw holes in the right place. There is also a run of tiles that the mirror will be sat on so the glue wont be taking all the weight.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Nobody seems to want to advise you!

We did the same with a mirror fitted with a heat pad (have you considered this? It's great for a bathroom). We stuck it on with No More Nails, taking care to support it for a good long time as the adhesive dried.

It hasn't fallen off yet, 2 years later!

cheers - I did think about the heat pad but its too late now.

What size is your mirror & what was the thickness !?

I've a similar sized mirror above my bathroom sink - been there about 5 years, and it's a bugger to keep clean. I plugged/screwed a ply backing board to the wall, and used this to secure the mirror onto - stable and flat. I used mirror clips (sprung on top, static on bottom) and mirror adhesive to ensure it stayed in place. Silicon around the edges.

Sponsored Links
As long as the wall you're putting it onto is stable and flat, use mirror mate you can get it from screwfix (and other places I'm sure).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back