Fixing a old clay drain pipe to 110mm uPVC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pipe underground for rain water which did go into a soakaway.

I need to reroute this a a conservatory is going where it was.

The pipe is about 110mm also and has a good bit to join onto.

I did buy a clay to upvc coupling (with jubilee clips) but unfortunately all the ones I found convert 110mm to between 120mm to 130mm.

I cannot find anything that is a straight 110mm to 110mm.

Any idea's? Only alternative is to break up the patio and take it right back to the drain pipe but I would rather not! :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I ideally wanted something with Jubilee clips and one that was flexible as it won't be going 100% straight, but I will give one of those a go and see what happens. I see wickes do them too.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a clay pipe ? Caution on how much pressure you put it under mind... Brittle is an understatement. :/

Yes it is, if it breaks I will just take it back to the drainpipe and start from scratch, it's only about 1 meter of it left but I was trying to save some work for now :)

I will try the push fit type first and see. It'll go down hill a little way so if it doesn't fit tightly it's not the end of the world. I just does want it to end up pouring into my new foundations and sitting round the walls :)

Agreed, sensible option.

And It's easier when you haven't got 5 mtrs to worry about! :/ phew****

Rubber connectors with jubilee clips are available in lots of different sizes to join almost any pipe to another. Your local builders merchant should have a suitable size.

Thanks,

I ideally wanted something with Jubilee clips and one that was flexible as it won't be going 100% straight, but I will give one of those a go and see what happens. I see wickes do them too.

Thanks

I wouldn't try to bend the rubber connector, id put a small straight piece in then add a plastic push on bend if it needs one

Than
Thanks,

Thanks

I wouldn't try to bend the rubber connector, id put a small straight piece in then add a plastic push on bend if it needs one

Brilliant, thanks I never thought of that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back