Fixing an uneven door frame.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to get some information on how to fix a crooked door frame in my house.

The door is square, Ive verified this. It also looks just about correct with its constant vertical distance fomr the door frame on both sides. THe problem is the horizontal door frame across the top of the door. On the left its fine however as you look further right, the frame rises so at the immediate right hand side theres a gamr of over 1/2 inch! Above this part of the frame theres a small glass window which then rises to the ceiling.

Is there a way of fixing this without tearing the entire door frame off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont think theres an easy way for this apart from ripping it out and redoing.

shoot the door into the frame as is,or is this a problem.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some information on how to fix a crooked door frame in my house.

The door is square, Ive verified this. It also looks just about correct with its constant vertical distance fomr the door frame on both sides. THe problem is the horizontal door frame across the top of the door. On the left its fine however as you look further right, the frame rises so at the immediate right hand side theres a gamr of over 1/2 inch! Above this part of the frame theres a small glass window which then rises to the ceiling.

Thanks

It depends on your capabilities at wood work and tools you have available.
If you cut door to the angle, it will be short at bottom,you could cut wedge shape piece of timber to fix to door frame, and then lower arhitrave to cover.

from reading the op,its got a borrowed light,so doing anything to the top of the frame (door)wont be very asthetic to the situation.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks
Is there a gap between frame or door and frame not clear from your posting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back