Fixing bar mixer to partition wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a thermostatic bar mixer shower and am a little lost as to how to fix it to a partition wall.
The previous plasterboard/tiles have been removed which left a small gap followed by a honeycomb partition wall. I have routed 22mm pipe work from my booster pump and wish to connect this into the unit without restricting the flow of water.
The bar mixer has 1 ' female connections and is supplied with a reducer (1'-3/4).

My question is do I simply buy an elbow with 22mm compression one side (to fit the vertical 22mm pipe to)and a 3/4 female the other to attach to the male reducer?

What is best practice for supporting the unit? as the bar mixer is quite heavy i wonder if the elbow needs to be fixed some how to support the weight.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
a swine to do but u need to set the bent female irons in exactly the right location and then u will probably need to fill in the wall around the fittings with something like carlite bonding.once set and tiled should be strong enough. i have also seen expanding foam used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back