Fixing boards to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought 5 large panels to fix to the wall of my spare room behing my desk. I bought them from Ikea where they were on display in the same position but the panels are actually end panels for one of their kitchens so don't come with the fixings. I asked if I could buy the fixings separately but was told they came from B&Q. I asked in B&Q but they say they don't sell them.

The fixings are covered with brushed aluminium discs about 5 cm diameter I assume they screw into the fixings like a mirror screw. Any idea where I can buy these type of fixings?

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Why not use Gripfill which are suitable for wall panelling.

I need to put some shelves on the boards. Could I do that if I used gripfill?

Should be okay but depending on the weight you're putting on the shelf,have a read at this.
or you could them a ring
Tech Service 01244 625020 for more advice.

The fixings are covered with brushed aluminium discs about 5 cm diameter I assume they screw into the fixings like a mirror screw. Any idea where I can buy these type of fixings?
Do you mean this?
a6524.gif
a6524p.gif

Hole wall panel supports (to be honest I would rather do it this way for a piece of mind !)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that looks like it. I'll have a look at buying some gripfill tonight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back