fixing crap fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a garden fence put in recently but looks like they did a crap job - it seems a bit wobbly even though it's meant to have been concreted in (maybe the concrete hasn't dried yet? however it was put in 3 days ago and it hasn't rained since then so I'm not sure about that). I doubt I can get the people who fitted it to come and sort it out, so is it worth me digging around the fence posts and trying to put more concrete in? Or maybe trying to reinforce the posts somehow? Any advice very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
they were 8 foot posts and it looks like they are about 2 feet into the ground though which should be ok shouldn't it? If they are two shallow I take it there's not much I can do though...

ours are 8 foot posts with 2 foot in the ground, steady as a rock (but that doesn't help you :cry: ) is it the actual "base" that moves?

Sponsored Links
the post is wobbly. I've managed to persuade the bloke who did it to come back and put more concrete around the base, hopefully this will sort things out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back