FIXING EDPM RUBBER TO FELT ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a bay window with a torched on mineral felt flat roof with a gully against the main wall of the house again formed with felt. The felt in the gully is in poor condition and I think it will be difficult to remove. I'm thinking of sticking EDPM rubber over the felt as it's more flexible than mineral felt. I've got some spare EDPM pond liner and assume its the same as what's used in roofing. My question is what adhesive should I use to fix the EDPM to the existing felt. Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
It won't work. Solvent EPDM glue will react with the felt and water based just wont stick properly.

You'll need to remove the felt and stick the epdm to fresh wood. Pond liner is different to the proper epdm roofing btw.

No you cant , as stated by MW its a different material

You wouldnt be able to just stick it in there over the top anyway without making sure that the old felt lapped over the top of it and was then resealed.

If its only a bay and is a few metres square its probably worth reroofing, im sure you can find a roofer who will do a good job for £300 ish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back