Fixing hole in Velux window flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I hope someone can help.

We have discovered that we have a hole in the flashing round one of our velux. I can't think how it happened, it looks like a flat head screwdriver would have caused it. It's strange as it's been in 6 years and this is the first time it has leaked.

Anyway a roofer came round today and is pricing to remove all the flashing and replace. However I was wondering if I could save the cost of doing that by patching it.

I assume the flashing is aluminium, is there a technique / product that could patch the hole? Roof cement??

Fingers crossed someone has an answer....

Sponsored Links
I can't think how it happened, it looks like a flat head screwdriver would have caused it. ..
Those pesky aircraft maintenance crew!

A patch repair is likely to be successful in this case. As per Catlad coupled with a belt and braces patch over it too.

Those pesky aircraft maintenance crew!

A patch repair is likely to be successful in this case. As per Catlad coupled with a belt and braces patch over it too.

At least I have someone to blame now!

I will try some mastic, but what to patch over the top with?? The gaffer tape over it now probably won't last the winter!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back