Old Velux Window Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the flashing on a Velux window.

The skylight was installed when I moved in so no idea what the history is. However, the ceiling around it has showed signs of minor leaks.

Recently we replaced a flat roof on an extension and the contractors lifted the tiles to replace the boards and insert the rubber under the lower row of tiles. From then we had a major leak.

Sure, I could get the flat roof ripped off, but the problem is higher up and I know the whole roof needs a re-felt.

What I need advice on is the installation of the Velux and, more importantly, the flashing. The leak we have now is due to a "channel" in the flashing along the lower edge of the Velux. It just looks wrong - hacked to fit even. How does that drain?

Surely this isn't normal?

Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210114_064807[1].jpg
    20210114_064807[1].jpg
    335 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
the picture shows the side of the front apron before it comes out over the tiles.
simply lift a tile or two on each corner and bend them back on their selves a little.
the water can not then run sideways.
its a common problem with the poorly detailed .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back