Fixing into tarmac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to put up a temporary fence accross my drive and I was going to use a couple of lap fences (width is about 9ft) with a fence post in to middle.

The problem is that the drive is tarmac. Any ideas on what to do and how, if possible, to fix a fence post to tarmac?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
BotchJob said:
Hi,

I need to put up a temporary fence accross my drive and I was going to use a couple of lap fences (width is about 9ft) with a fence post in to middle.

The problem is that the drive is tarmac. Any ideas on what to do and how, if possible, to fix a fence post to tarmac?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

If its been tarmacced over concrete then you can use Metpost anchor plates designed for the job (a square plate with a 3 or 4" collar into which you fit the post), fixing it by drilling down into the concrete and using anchor bolts.

If its tarmacced over hardcore then you'll have to dig out a hole as for any other fence, then use concrete to fix the post. Not very temporary, though.

Thanks for that, Wabbitpoo. It's tarmac on hardcore so I't looks like I'm going to be doing a bit of digging!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back