Fixing part of guttering? Do I need an expert?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Part of my guttering seems to be leaking heavly when it rains at a joint. Is there anyway i can fix this myself? just re-clamp it or something? my roof is very high may need to hire extended ladders, so would like to know before i make any attempts..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I would get someone in who's done it before. Hanging off a ladder and struggling with rusty bolts, without practice, is not a good thing to try.

John is absolutely spot on. The fix itself could well be very easy, but heights are heights it could be that you need scaffold or a cherry picker, my advice is if you're not confident let some other poor sod risk life and limb. Power tools and heights do not in my limited experience mix.

if its just come unclipped your cheapest option to get it fixed is your window cleaner ;)

Sponsored Links
I`ve done it before off ladders :eek: and I`m a lot older and wiser now .....I would not use any acess eqiuptment less than a "cherry picker" /scissorlift...........and considering the cost of their hire I might suggest that you have the lot renewed while I`m at it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back