fixing plaster boards to ceiling Help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just tiled my bathroom and started in the centre of my first wall all ok. As i have finished the other walls the ceiling slopes upwards about 20mm and rather than put small bits of tile in I thought I would re-baord and skim to make level to make a neater job.

Can I use board adhesive to level the new boards and secondly if so the ceiling is emulsioned so will the adhesive stick okay.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
you cant dab onto ceilings incase the obvious happens which will, batten it out using packings to straighten it out and just screw it then skim, bit messy so if you can just tape the joints it will be easier.

Sorry to say you can’t dot & dab onto a ceiling; attempts would have the makings of an excellent Jeremy Beadle video though! :LOL: Battening & packers is the only way to go as suggested but you’ve created an awful lot of work for yourself; if you had checked the level prior to tiling, simply adjusting the bottom run of tiles would have avoided small & very noticeable bits of tile at the top.

Skim the ceiling (or get someone in to do it). I wouldn’t recommend taped joints in a damp environment such as a bathroom; the moisture could affect both the filler & unsealed ceiling boards & it will probably look carp anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back