1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing small holes in plasterboard

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by mrbg07546, 3 Nov 2016.

1. mrbg07546

mrbg07546

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What's the best way to fix the following small holes in plasterboard

Attached Files:

2. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No best way , just lots of options, depends what you have available and how large the hole.?
    1.If hollow behind I squirt in a little expanding foam, trim when set and filler to finish.
    2.Glue in a small piece of card or timber or plasterboard across the rear and back fill.
    3.Push in a piece or repair mesh and fill.
    Many more options.

3. cjard

cjard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    On the one hand I'd have said to fill the larger one wih some expanding foam, then cut and fill as foxhole said, I think id be tempted were it my house, to just use some easyfill to fill the entire lot in stages, allowing it to set between each. This way it's only one product to buy and faff with. The foam route would be quicker, mind, as it sets faster than easyfill does

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local