Fixing timber to the rear of a wall without rear access?

So it's mostly a cosmetic problem.
Why don't you ask your neighbour if you can attach your new fence to theirs?
A few screws and you'd be done.

Sponsored Links
So it's mostly a cosmetic problem.
Why don't you ask your neighbour if you can attach your new fence to theirs?
A few screws and you'd be done.
The fence is knackered. Half the posts need replacing and it wobbles all over the show

If your willing to pay for a new fence then just ask the neighbour if you can remove theirs from your side and replace it, under the understanding that the fence is yours.

Then you both get a nice new fence with no problems fixing it.

EDIT: Actually, looking at your rear fence, is it actually your fence and not the neighbours? Or are all fences around your neighbours the same from the same estate builder?

Sponsored Links
How long is the planter? If you use some steel box section for the rails you may be able to span the length.

I deffo would not be fixing a (moving) fence to the top courses of that blockwork. Never in a million

That's not what I'm intending to do. I'm dropping the post behind the wall, and then going to fix through the wall in several places. Will probably use some sort of strap on the inside as well the spread the load
If your willing to pay for a new fence then just ask the neighbour if you can remove theirs from your side and replace it, under the understanding that the fence is yours.

Then you both get a nice new fence with no problems fixing it.

EDIT: Actually, looking at your rear fence, is it actually your fence and not the neighbours? Or are all fences around your neighbours the same from the same estate builder?
The fence we were intending to build, is more screening to be honest. Hit and miss style. If we pulled out the fence, would need to double up materials to do the same their side and offset it so you can't see through, and I'm not paying for that

IF its just screening you want try using bamboo or reeds, far lighter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back