Outbuilding "Shed" questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having the garden cleared next week and am in desperate need for some secure outdoors storage. I would like to locate a large shed at the bottom corner of the garden and am thinking of an L shaped design around a large mature tree as below;

upload_2021-6-1_13-34-11.png

Rear is a brick wall leading to a car park to the block of flats behinf me and the right hand side is a fence between me and the neighbor. I was looking for a secure timber clad structure so am thinking of building this rather than buying an off the shelf shed.

1) With the root system of the tree what would be the best base to build from
2) Would you build in block and then clad (taking into account the rear and side walls will be hard to clad i am thinking block would be more resistant to weather than trying to waterproof a timber structure
3) Is a tiled dual pitched roof sensible on such a structure or will it look weird?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back