Fixing to Celcon blockwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to finish a new celcon block wall with 12.5 p/b on 50 x 25 battens @ 600 c/c on 25mm Kingspan.
What's the best way to fix this to the celcons? I've always found it difficult to get a strong fixing into into the blocks.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The only way I know is to drill & plug using either through fixings or separate plugs & screws; I’ve not had any problems, in fact I've just completed a similar wall. If yours have failed previously maybe the fixings you’ve used have not been large or long enough, wrong drill size or maybe just not enough fixings. Try using at least no. 10 size screws with a fixing depth of 50mm using appropriate plugs; I would be fixing the battens at least every 300mm.

it sometime pays to use a slightly smaller drill diameter than specified.

say, 6.5mm instead of 7mm.

use concret screws, they dont require plugging, just pilot hole of 6mm or 6.5mm (experiment)
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is there any glue that would work for this?

Seems like an application with a lot of surface area contact, which on the face of it suits adhesives?

the battens hold the insulation against the wall, you screw the plasterboard to the battens, so glue would not work
ciao

use concrete screws, they dont require plugging, just pilot hole of 6mm or 6.5mm (experiment)
Cheers
Sounds a good idea - quick and easy, have you used these in celcons. What length would you recommend I use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back