Fixing toilet pan to floor with pipes underneath - suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Need expert tricks of the trade when you need to fix a toilet pan to a chipboard floor where pipes are beneath. The fitting kit is the one with two ‘L’ shaped brackets. The pan fixing holes are right on the edge where the pipes run across the floor.

My two initial thoughts were.

1. bed in ‘no nails’ or similar then drive a screw in at angle to miss the pipes.

2. Again bed in ‘no nails’ then somehow create a clamp (metal strap or a piece of timber) to go across the bracket then bolt the clamp down away from the pipes.

What would you guys do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you stick it down then come the time that you have a leak and need to remove it to sort out the waste pipe etc. your gonna be deep ion the doo doo.
Lift the floor and move the pipes!

Sponsored Links
If you stick it down then come the time that you have a leak and need to remove it to sort out the waste pipe etc. your gonna be deep ion the doo doo.
You can cut CT1 with a stanley knife or piano wire, can't you?

Stick the pan down with CT1.
It'll never move :D
.....Find that hard to believe...weight of an adult applying forces in differing directions..including at right angles .from couple of feet away..the turning moment is enormous ..cannot see any sealant holding.

.....Find that hard to believe...weight of an adult applying forces in differing directions..including at right angles .from couple of feet away..the turning moment is enormous ..cannot see any sealant holding.

I've not had any callbacks when I've had to use it over to stick down a pan over ufh. Each to their own eh!

well maybe they thought "bugger I want to remove the pan - but Im not calling that cowboy that stuck it down back" :) :)

well maybe they thought "bugger I want to remove the pan - but Im not calling that cowboy that stuck it down back" :) :)

Well, if they did... I'd cut it with my Stanley max and just remove it! FFS, it ain't rocket science is it! Jeez mines stuck down with it and been removed for a pan replacement in both bathrooms... Not an issue for me, but perhaps for the less competent :rolleyes:

How do you get a stanley knife underneath, to the middle of the bowl?

As I don't think you mentioned just putting a ring of glue around the edge so someone is likely to splodge it all over the place :)

How do you get a stanley knife underneath, to the middle of the bowl?

As I don't think you mentioned just putting a ring of glue around the edge so someone is likely to splodge it all over the place :)

Not yet come across a pan with a solid base. :whistle:

cant say I really looked last time I took mine off the floor :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back